Pages

    Wednesday, July 14, 2010

    Add your Blogging Tips Here

    Here’s what I have so far, please add yours. Thanks!

    1. Stay fresh by reading. Keep up-to-date on what is happening in your genre. I use google reader to rss subscribe to many blogs, so I always have something interesting and new to read about everyday.

    2. Comment. Interact with others in your blog area. Sometimes my blogs are an expansion of an idea I started in a comment.

    3. Check out your audience. Only a percentage of visitors leave comments. Get a good stats program so you can see which blog posts are the most visited. I use http://www.quantcast.com/

    4. Credit your sources, and tell them about it. Drop a note to someone you have linked to or quoted in a blog entry and give them its URL. You’d be surprised at how many people then return the favor and include you on their website.

    5. Gather the links you use on various topics over the course of time & repost them as a collection every now & then for people that missed them the first time.

    0 comments: